My Shopping List
Barbecued Pulled American Lamb Shank on Crusty Rolls
Courtesy of American Lamb Board
Serve With:Servings: 6
Coleslaw and iced tea.
Prep Time: 25 Min.
Cook Time: 2 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 4 American Lamb foreshanks
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ 2 yellow onions, sliced into 1/2 in. thick wedges
+ 4 c. fat-free chicken broth
+ 2 tsp. dried leaf oregano leaves, crushed
+ 3/4 c. prepard barbeque sauce
+ 6 crusty rolls
What to do:
1. In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Pat shanks dry with paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Brown shanks on all sides.
2. Place in a roasting pan. Add onion, chicken broth, and oregano. Roast at 375ºF for 2 hrs. turning shanks every 30 min.
3. When meat is done, remove from broth and cool. Strain broth, reserving onions. Reserve 1/4 c. of broth. Refrigerate or freeze remaining broth for use in soups or stews.
4. Remove meat from bones; shred meat removing fat. In pan, combine pulled lamb, barbecue sauce, and 2 Tbsp. to 1/4 c. reserved broth if needed. Heat, stirring to combine sauce and lamb.
5. Split rolls and spoon on meat.
* Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board
Calories: 510; Total Fat: 22g; Cholesterol: 135mg; Total Carbs: 33g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 45g; Sodium: 1655mg;